Answer/Quote:(1) What are your earliest memories associated with learning to read?
(2) What are your earliest memories associated with learning to write?
(3) How do you currently approach reading/writing tasks?
(4) How do you feel about yourself as a reader?
(5) How do you feel about yourself as a writer?
(6) How do you use language in different settings?
Comment: Question #6 requires some explanation. It refers to the various dialects that we use in certain social and academic settings, with the social setting usually involving repetition, “Y’know,” frequent use of “there,” “it,” “get,” “getting,” “thing,” etc. and academic language using Standard English. RayS.
Title: “Understanding Resistance: Pre-service Teachers’ Discourse Models of Struggling Readers and School Literacy Tasks.” M Lesley. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy (September 2011), 25-34.