Friday, January 27, 2012

Learning Difficulty


Question: “Most of us can think of times when we struggled to learn something. What was yours?” p. 7.

My Answer: Statistics. I can still see the instructor filling the blackboard with figures that meant absolutely nothing to me. And feeling the sinking feeling that I was overwhelmed. What did I do? I took the topics which the instructor was filling the blackboard with, found a book that clearly and plainly explained each topic, ignored the course text and the instructor, and managed to achieve a “C” on my exam.

 I offer my readers the opportunity to answer this question for the benefit of my other readers. Please send your answers to raystop2@comcast.net.

Title: “Intervention: Seeing and Supporting the Individual Within the Community.” D Lapp, D Fisher and N Frey. Voices from the Middle (December 2011), 7-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment