Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rejection and Writing

Question: How should writers deal with rejection when trying to publish?

Answer/Quote: “I submitted 18 different stories 180 times over a period of five years before I sold my fist book. Suppose I had decided to quit after 180 rejections. If you care about writing and can’t imagine doing anything else, if you enjoy the struggle of shaping a story and finding the right words, and if you love impacting others’ lives, you simply cannot give up.”

Comment: This is for the talented writer in your class. I again urge teachers who are among my readers, to subscribe to The Writer which contains frequent advice from real writers about their experiences in writing. The Writer, Kalmbach Publishing Company, 21027 Crossroads Circle, P.O. Box 1612, Waukesha, WI 53187. Customer Sales and Service: (800) 533-6644. RayS.

Title: “How I Write: Ann Whitford Paul.” Robert Allen Papinchak. The Writer (June 2012), 58.

No comments:

Post a Comment